Yoga calms the mind. It’s benefits are to be seen to be believed since they aren’t immediate. It takes time, patience and trust to keep doing it rigorously knowing that it will do you a lot of good eventually.
Women’s bodies store fat in their tummies and thighs. Lack of exercise and proper diet adds on to the worry.
But everyone craves toned hips and shapely legs. They are not easy to achieve. And not everyone has the time or even the inclination to hit the gym. If only we were Shilpa Shetty!
Yoga can be done at home. You need a corner that is peaceful and won’t disturb your serenity.
There are asanas in Yoga for every part of the body and every kinds of problems.
Virabhadrasana can be literally translated as The Good Warrior Pose.
How To Do It
- Start by standing straight and moving your feet apart by three to four feet.
- Turn your right foot outwards, at an angle of about 90 degrees, and your left foot slightly inwards.
- Lift both your arms sideways, parallel to the ground.
- Bend your right knee. Make sure that your left leg stays straight.
- Turn your face to the right, and try to stretch your arms as much as you can, without letting go of their position.
- Hold the stance for about a minute, and slowly come up. Bring your feet back to their initial position.
- Repeat the steps for the left side.
Virabhadrasana stretches and strengthens your legs and tones your lower back. It also helps in toning the arms and reducing overall stress in your body.
This pose should be avoided by those with high blood pressure. Pregnant women and those suffering/recovering from a chronic illness should avoid it as well.